As a former student of Lewisham or Southwark Colleges, you can enjoy a whole host of other life-enhancing benefits:
- Be part of an active and rapidly-growing Alumni community
- Access useful careers advice – whatever stage you’re at in your career
- Benefit from networking opportunities with like-minded individuals
- Receive our Alumni bulletin which will bring you up-to-date with all the latest College and alumni news, and future events
- Meet up with old friends and make new contacts by attending College events
- Raise your profile with an online profile on this website (which you can update)
- Participate in our social and professional Alumni networks online
Free business and productivity book summaries
Do you want to get ahead in life and in your job? There’s a great range of business and productivity books out there with lots of valuable advice, but when you’re building your career, it can be hard to find the time to read. We’ve therefore teamed up with productivity blogger Paul Minors to give our Alumni & Friends members free downloads of his amazingly helpful summaries of some of the most acclaimed books in this field.
We add new titles every month, so check back here and look out for new book summaries in our email communications.
Find out more about Paul Minors.
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
The Lean Startup defines a scientific methodology for running startups and launching new products. This new approach has been adopted around the world within startups and established organisations. Regardless of your role or company size, this is a must-read for entrepreneurs, marketers, developers and business leaders.
How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Everyone, and I mean everyone can learn something from How to Win Friends & Influence People. The principles in the book are simple, but something a lot of us fail to use or remember. This book will help you to convince people to your way of thinking, avoid arguments and become more liked. If you’re in a leadership or sales type role, I strongly recommend this book. HTWFIP was one of the first best-selling self-help books ever published. Written by Dale Carnegie and first published in 1936, it has sold 15 million copies worldwide.
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
The Miracle Morning is an instructional book all about how to create a morning routine that sets you up for success in every aspect of life. Now practised by thousands of people worldwide, the Miracle Morning is helping transform lives and create greater success for its readers. By using the morning to invest in and develop yourself, you to can live the Miracle Morning and start on your path to success.